Prosciutto-Wrapped Mini Frittatas Muffins

Ingredients for 12 mini frittata muffins;


4 tablespoons fat (coconut oil, ghee, etc.)
½ medium onion, finely diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
½ pound of cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
½ pound frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
8 large eggs
¼ cup coconut milk (the fatty stuff at the top of the can works best)
2 tablespoons of coconut flour
1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
5 ounces of Prosciutto di Parma
Kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper
A regular 12 cup muffin tin


Directions:

I preheated the oven to 375°F and prepped my veggies.
I heated half the coconut oil over medium heat in a large cast iron skillet and sautéed the onions until soft and translucent.
I added the garlic and mushrooms and cooked them until the mushroom moisture had evaporated. Then, I seasoned the filling with salt and pepper and spooned it on a plate to cool to room temperature.

For the batter, I beat the eggs in a large bowl with coconut milk, coconut flour, salt, and pepper until well-mixed. Then, I added the sautéed the mushrooms and spinach and stirred to combine.
I brushed the remainder of the melted coconut oil onto the muffin tin and lined each cup with prosciutto, taking care to cover the bottom and sides completely.
I spooned in the frittata batter and topped each muffin with some halved cherry tomatoes.
I popped the muffins in the oven for about 20 minutes flipping the tray at the halfway point.
I let the muffins cool in the pan for a couple minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.

Source: http://nomnompaleo.com/post/7486819479/prosciutto-wrapped-mini-frittata-muffins

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
  • Cooking is Crazy © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Web Hosting , Blogger Templates and WP Themes